CaliChi Design Group is a site civil engineering firm focused on utilities, roadways, grading and drainage, stormwater management, entitlements, and construction support. Although we do structural engineering from time to time, it is not our focus at this time. We work in over 16 States and in various countries throughout the world and are expanding our geographical and practice areas. Offices in Chicago, IL and Oakland, CA with Portland, OR just starting up CaliChi Design Group is a different kind of company. Our 11 employee firm has been in business for 8 years and is known for our technical expertise, well-thought out design, and exceptionally responsive service. Our employees have the flexibility to work from home part time upon demonstrating the ability to self-motivate and work accurately and efficiently.
CaliChi is hiring in a number of markets throughout the US. If you or someone you know is interested in a more flexible working environment, is a self starter, and wants opportunities for growth; please do not hesitate to inquire about the various positions we are looking to fill immediately.
Please send CV and Intro Letter to email@example.com (with the position you are interested in the subject line) for consideration for any of the positions below.
Civil Engineering Positions Available
- Civil Engineering Project Manager – (8 years experience)
- Civil Engineer-In-Training (EIT) – (0-4 years’ experience)
See detailed Job descriptions below.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
- The Project Manager requires strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge within civil engineering field.
- Monitors and tracks project progress, aged accounts, invoices and budget, and is responsible for overall project performance.
- Develops schedules, budgets and proposals (contracts).
- Responsible for some marketing to prospective clients and building, maintaining and managing client relationships.
- Possesses effective management skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of civil engineering projects.
- Is involved with the production and coordination of several projects concurrently.
- May perform some design work.
- Possesses strong drive, motivation and self-initiative. Responsible for acting independently on civil engineering matters within area of expertise.
- Communicates and coordinates project requirements with the project team and consultants.
- Adheres to company policies and can articulate CaliChi’s mission statement to team members and clients.
- Reports to Owners of the Company.
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS: Civil Engineering Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 8 years experience with at least 5 years focused mainly on urban redevelopment for projects in the sectors of education, mixed-use, and/or commercial projects
- Licensure in Civil Engineering is preferred but not required
- Qualified SWPPP Developer/Practitioner certification is preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning codes and approval process
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills – ability to manage and build teams effectively
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Is attuned to other areas as it relates to total project: structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and site requirements
- 3 years’ experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3-D including surfaces, grading, pipe networks, profiles, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
Civil Engineer in Training
Location: Chicago, IL Department: Civil Engineering
Full time/Part Time: Regular Full Time
CaliChi Design Group prides itself in our ability to embrace technology to provide reliable and responsive service and technically sound engineering design across the United States. We don’t observe lines on maps, unfamiliar regulatory environments or agencies, or diverse practice areas as hindrances, but rather opportunities to learn new skills as we serve our Clients’ development needs. We value both technical capabilities along with attention to plan set aesthetics. We understand the big picture, but focus on the details and we utilize Civil 3D on every project regardless of size.
CaliChi Design Group is looking for a civil engineer in training to join our Chicago, IL office.
The job offers the opportunity to utilize and expand your civil engineering degree and skills while working with a team in the design, modification and analysis of a variety of land development projects both urban and suburban.
Your responsibilities may include the following:
• Prepare calculations relating to storm water drainage, sanitary sewer systems and disposal fields, domestic and fire protection water system modeling and analysis, and grading, drainage, and earthwork, to support design and permitting
• Prepare technical specifications to define construction requirements
• Prepare site layout, grading, and drainage designs that complement the Architect’s and Client’s vision, but are sound both technically and regulatory
• Design storm sewer systems, roads, trackwork, and ponds
• Work with Designers and Principals to accurately portray designs in models and drawings
• Review shop drawings, material submittals, and other vendor documentation for conformity with specification
• Meet Owners, Architects, and Contractors on construction sites to provide real time interpretation and coordination of design drawings
• Prepare proposals for new projects with both new and existing Clients
Limited travel required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• 0 – 4 years of relevant experience, including engineering internship or co-op work experience
• EIT certification or the ability to quickly obtain certification
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
• Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
• Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3-D is preferred, but not required
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship